day 43 - mao and scrapbooking // 17 June 2014
|
10:25β―PM |
went to dhoby to pay for my camp fees today! must say that the seniors are kinda friendly, but I still feel a lil intimidated when I saw like one whole group of seniors at Starbucks π erps. mao doesn't have a good feeling about interacting with people all over again...
anyway, popped by papermarket on the way and realised that there was a 30% off sale :p only when I wanted to purchase my item - a Heidi swapp clear stamp set ~
after using it for a few times just now, I still think that the quality of lawn fawn stamps is better. when you try to peel the stamps off the backing for the first time, it was so awfully sticky. and that's when cow said that those stamps are made in china while lawn fawn's are made in the states ~ well talk abt quality difference :p
okay, so mao was browsing through mapletreehouse again, and I felt that I was just looking at the things that I can never have now - because they were too over budget :( like the fiskars paper trimmer, the cheapest being 30+, the scoring boards and the sizzix big shot die cut machine. oh god, that thing is like 500 over .-. but die cut machines are SOOO dam good (I mean like you can use that thing to cut chipboard and paper and foil and idk all the things that are cuttable π, as well as do things like dry embossing etc) just search lawn fawn die cut on YouTube and you'll understand what mao's saying.
right now, mao's contemplating whether I should start to try embossing with my stamps. but the thing is that I'll spend at least $15 if I do that. plus if I even purchase anything I'll buy the 3d foam dots, that lawn fawn polka paper I've been eyeing on for some time, more stamps, and then I'll be spending another $50 on these stuff again π sian talking abt money issues... πΏπΏ I really wonder how ppl can spend like $100 and over everytime they visit shops like spotlight and papermarket WITHOUT BATTLING AN EYELID / FEELING THE PINCH. mao concluded that they're either 1) dirty rich / 2) pro scrapbookers (like those earning for a living) / 3) those who shop once in a while (BUT STILL.)
why can't money just drop from the sky :(
[EDIT] mao's fave scrapbook brands (price-wise and quality-wise) are lawn fawn for their stamps, papers and tutorials, dear Lizzy for their papers, doodlebug for their papers and alpha stickers, ek success for their foam squares, glue dots for their well, glue dots, memento for their tuxedo black ink pad, and mapletreehouse for their white cardstock currently :D more in the future when mao becomes a pro, stay tuned
Labels: dhobyghaut, scrapbook |
not your typical cat 

MAO 
older entries